To welcome an exhibit of one of the art world’s masters, the Denver Art Museum turned to Comcast Spotlight for a multi-screen campaign to drive ticket sales to their limited-engagement (12-week) Van Gogh exhibit.
The campaign combined television and online to reach art and museum enthusiasts, beginning with a “takeover” of Xfinity.com’s sign-in page shortly before the exhibit opening. The creative for the takeover was immediately recognizable, and made it easy for visitors to purchase tickets online. In addition to the takeover, online advertising on Xfinity.com’s home and entertainment pages kept the exhibit front and center in consumers’ minds. Several weeks later, as the holiday shopping season began, television ads began airing on networks like Bravo, Discovery, Food Network, HGTV, History and The Weather Channel. A second Xfinity.com sign-in page takeover was set for “Black Friday,” to boost ticket sales over the holidays. Comcast Spotlight also helped the museum by promoting a contest for a trip to Paris, and partnered with them in promoting a discount Comcast customers who purchased exhibit tickets online.
- The in-banner video brought 1,122 website visitors.
- The Xfinity.com takeover received 666 clicks.
- Comcast customers redeemed 2,077 discounts, making Comcast the exhibit’s top promotional partner.
- Nearly 64% of visitors purchased tickets online, a record.
- More than 60% of early ticket buyers (first 4 weeks) purchased, a record.